VegfestUK manager Tim Barford is one of the leading authorities on all things vegan. He's articulate, humorous and available for interview.
Born in 1963, Tim is now 52, has been vegan for 31 years, and vegetarian since 1981. Originally choosing the veggie option in order to upset his mum and dad, Tim went vegan at the height of Live Aid and has remained vegan ever since.
Tim organises Europe's biggest vegan events VegfestUK including shows at Bristol (now in its 13th year), Brighton, London Olympia and Scotland. Tim also runs his own award-winning hemp company Yaoh, having helped start the UK's first hemp company back in 1991. Tim also regularly performs fun, lively and engaging hemp smoothie demos at various vegan events across the UK. And of course the Vegfest Express global vegan news website right here is his brainchild too!
A former rave promoter and traveller, Tim is renowned for taking his issues seriously, but not himself too seriously. Although staunch vegan, Tim is also able to see the world through the average omnivore's eyes, and relates to people from all backgrounds and all cultures. A natural on camera, Tim is also very experienced in radio work and makes an excellent guest for live TV and radio shows.
Tim is also the brainchild of the Pig Freud tour – with the world’s first guitar playing pig Pig Freud touring 5 of the UK’s biggest vegan festivals to inspire grassroots vegan activists worldwide on creative peaceful vegan education.
Tim has won a number of awards, including the award for Best Vegan Advocate in 2014 at the Viva! 20th Anniversary Ceremony. Tim was also awarded the PEA Business Awards for Working in the Community in 2013. And in 2011, Tim was voted the winner of the Best Vegan Achievement by members of the Vegan Society in the UK. Tim also recently organised the UK's first Vegan Comedy Festival on March 28th 29th at VegfestUK Brighton 2015.
Recent Media Coverage
- full page interview in Herald Scotland
- appearance on Green World TV with TV presenter Anneka Svenska at VegfestUK London:
- talk & smoothie demo at Dublin Vegfest – short segment of the session is available below:
- appearance on K-9 Angels TV, video below:
- coverage of the recent Brighton event from trade magazine Natural Products
- live appearance on BBC Radio London with Vanessa Feltz
- live appearance on radio with Aldo Zilli (interview with Tim comes in at around 1 hour 30 mins)
- live appearance on The Riverside Show on STV
- Appearance on the Gaby Roslin show in September 2014
- Live 45 minute interview on Global USA radio station Go Vegan Radio (August 16th 2015)
- interview with the Argus (Brighton)
- full page coverage of the comedy festival in the Independent
- appearance on the Gathering of Minds radio show (link to follow from Wednesday May 13th)
- interview piece in BBC Scotland
You can also see further examples of recent media coverage of Vegfest events at links below:
“Vegfest isn't just about helping some people become vegan, but also helping some vegans become people.”
“To adopt the vegan lifestyle is to join a social justice movement. It's more than just a diet – it's about taking a moral and ethical standpoint and seeing animals as our equals.”
firstname.lastname@example.org / 0117 9071881
from Vegfest UK