With Scotland set to embrace a whole new world of healthy living and cruelty-free vegan lifestyles at its first-ever Vegfest in December, interest in stalls, speaking and performing slots is hotting up and more applications are very welcome!
With a 12-year track record built at Bristol followed by Brighton and London, Vegfest events attract at least 10,000 visitors per show right now, and our début show in Scotland will descend upon the prestigious SECC (Hall 3) in Glasgow on December 5th 6th.
Since its launch back in March, the show has seen some amazing coverage in the Scottish media, including big-hitters such as:
- BBC Scotland
- Glasgow Evening Times
- Herald Scotland (April)
- Herald Scotland (May)
- i-on Magazine Glasgow
- STV Glasgow
and much more! Visit the link here for full list of media stories written about the show.
What’s on at Vegfest Scotland
About 10,000 visitors are expected at the inaugural Vegfest Scotland which includes a sumptuous cocktail of activities, including:
- 120 stalls with merchandise, information, special offers and free samples aplenty,
- 12 caterers with a colourful menu of globally inspired vegan food,
- Talks on vegan Nutrition/Health
- Talks on vegan Lifestyle/Campaigns,
- Cookery Demos,
- Living Raw Food Demos,
- Vegan Health Summit (Saturday only),
- Vegan Activists Summit (Sunday only),
- Hemp Expo with exhibitors and talks showcasing the benefits of hemp
- Kids Activities with cookery classes and magic shows,
- TeenVGN Zone for teenage veggies/vegans,
- Display Area,
- Mature Zone for the elderly,
with more TBC.
The 40 exhibitors already confirmed at Vegfest Scotland feature a sizeable proportion from Scotland. They include:
- Bute Island Foods,
- Green City Wholefoods,
- The 78,
- The Flying Duck,
- Koko Dairy Free,
- All Natural Me,
- ConsiderIt Chocolate,
- Humane Wildlife Solutions,
- Juice Warrior,
- Missy's Vegan Cupcakes,
- Raw Vegan Life,
- White Rabbit Skincare
plus many others. Visit the link here for our full list of exhibitors.
Special guests at the show
Vegfest Scotland also features a number of distinguished guest speakers and performers, including
- punk musician John Robb from Goldblade,
- comedian Jake Yapp,
- strongman Patrik Baboumian,
- cyclist Christine Vardaros,
- wildlife TV presenter Anneka Svenska,
- model Victoria Eisermann,
- singer Pola Pospieszalska,
- author and keynote speaker Dr. Melanie Joy (author of Why we Love Dogs, Eat Pigs and Wear Cows)
- nutritionists Gareth Zeal, Sandra Hood and Yvonne Bishop-Weston,
with more TBC shortly.
Stall options at the event
Stall sizes range from 2m frontage by 2m depth to 6m frontage by 2m depth, and there is the option for stalls with shell schemes as well as stalls with tables and space only.
Stalls at this event are excellent value with prices for a 2m x 2m pitch for 2 days ranging
- from £95 to £350 for charities
- from £195 vat to £495 vat for traders,
whilst the price for a 3m x 3m catering pitch for 2 days is £395 vat.
NOTE: These prices exclude the use of electricity, lighting and storage which come at extra costs.
Visit links below for full information on stalls
To apply for speaking/performing opportunities at the event
Please forward a short biography as well as a 50-word description and a title of your proposed talk/cookery demo/performance to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
To inquire further about the event
Email email@example.com or call 0117 3079872.
Vegfest Scotland will also come straight after a week-long festival ‘The Only Way is Ethics’ with a large range of market fairs across Glasgow displaying organic, ethical, fairtrade and vegetarian goods. (Note: TOWIE is organised independently from Vegfest Scotland)
from Vegfest UK