Here is a quick update on plans for VegfestUK Bristol 2017, now in its 15th year:
The Less Good News
- Our planned Friday Night ‘Show Me Love’ Party has been moved to Saturday May 20th 2017. Our application for the Friday night has recently been refused due to new noise pollution control on the site. Our live acts were already contracted, we have been able to move them to Saturday, but face a 5-figure loss of income as a result of the Friday being cancelled. We have run Friday nights on the site for many years and did not envisage these issues – however we do understand the importance of respecting local residents views on what is an already very well used City Centre site, and are supportive of this new directive. Naturally it would have helped if we had known about this in advance, but we know now.
- We have unfortunately been met with an increase of close on £10,000 in extra essential fees. Without going into detail, most of these fees are for various reasons non-negotiable. We don’t wish to lay any blame on anyone but it does mean we have considerable extra costs on us just to open this year.
As a result of these extra costs to improve facilities for all our visitors, the loss of our Friday night with artists already contracted, and the steep increase in fees, we are obliged to increase our admission charge from £5 to £6 for an advance day ticket (booking fees), from £8 to £10 for an advance weekend ticket, and from £8 to £10 daytime ticket on the gate. Concession tickets on the gate remain at £4, Kids under 16 accompanied by an adult come free.
There are however volunteer opportunities available, as well as limited BOGOF options available, which will assist those wishing to invite a friend or reach out to someone on a low income.
The Good News
- We have improved facilities for People with Disabilities and those in wheelchairs/mobility scooters – includes priority entrance, marquee for shelter if it rains, and a trackway across the cobbled stone area to allow access to the whole site.
- Improved facilities for parents with babies/small children, including buggy park, nappy changing and breastfeeding area.
- Additional marquee for general shelter if it rains
- Enhanced Live Acts Stage (2nd stage) with live acts through the evenings as well as daytime
- Additional small circus stage with performances throughout the daytimes
- Enlarged Stage Marquee with less stalls to allow better access to stalls and better circulation
- A limited number of free tickets for refugee groups in the SW area, also free tickets for members of Animal Aid, in celebration of their 40th anniversary.
- We announce a hot line up of evening acts on Feb 14th, with tickets on sale on BOGOF from the 14th for a limited period, then BOGOHP, then full price
Thanks for your understanding and support
Xxx VegfestUK Team
from Vegfest UK